Friday, April 8, 2011

How To Make an Easy Fancy Dinner

If you know me, you know that I would much rather cook something for dinner than go out.  This is almost always the case, even for Valentines Day.  This Valentines Day I happened to be stuck, I could not think of anything to make.  I really wanted to surprise my boyfriend and make him something that I haven't made before.  I was on the phone with my Mom, and I was explaining to her the problem, and just like always, she had a solution.  Thank you Mommy.  That's what she's good for.  Well she suggested making a shrimp soup and using some Italian bread as a bowl.  It sounded pretty fancy and easy to make so I decided that is what our Valentine's Day dinner would be.  It just so happens that we absolutely loved it, it was very tasty and filling, and now you can make it too.  Here's the recipe:

What You Will Need:

2 Cans of Potato Soup
1/2 Onion
1/4 Stick of Butter
1 table spoon of minced garlic
1/2 head of broccoli
Pinch of salt
Pinch of Pepper
1/2 lb of shrimp

How to make it:


Start to melt the butter in a medium sized frying pan. While the butter is melting chop up the onion up into small strips, and stir them into the pan.  Sprinkle in the minced garlic.  Chop up the broccoli mix that into the pan as well.  Throw in a pinch of salt and pepper into the mix.  Stir the mix occasionally on medium heat.  After the shrimp is cleaned mix that in as well, and cook until it turns pink.  Once the shrimp is done cooking lower the heat.

In a pot,  to heat up the potato soup on a medium temperature.  Once the potato soup starts to heat up mix in the contents of the frying pan.  Stir this mix occasionally for about 5 minutes.

While the shrimp and soup mix is heating up carve a hole into the middle of the bread, and after the shrimp soup is done pour into the hole, it is ok if the soup overflows.


You have successfully made an easy fancy dinner. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment