Friday, April 22, 2011

Remake Your Favorite Restaurant Meals

I know we all go out to our favorite restaurants and get the same meal every single time. I certainly do. There are just some restaurants that are known for some meals. I love to go to restaurant when I'm home called Guapos. It's a Mexican restaurant that is family owned. Nothing else can compete with Guapos. You can walk in there any given night and it will be packed, that's how good it is. I recently went when I was home for Spring Break and I fell in love all over again. Whenever I go I always get chicken tacos. They are to die for. They are the kind of tacos that you could eat all day. I rarely share my food with people but I always share these tacos. They are too good not to.

Ok, sorry, I think you get the point now. They are GOOD tacos. Now that we have that out the way I can tell you that I found this recipe that I think comes as close to these tacos as possible. They are basically shredded chicken tacos cooked in a tomato sauce. So I followed the recipe and tried to re-create the Guapos chicken tacos, minus the taco. I just made the chicken. This is what it came out to be.


They weren't exactly shredded the way they were supposed to be but they were close enough for my first time. Although they weren't shredded they were muy delicioso. 

If you like the picture above or are interested in making some shredded chicken tacos for yourself here is the recipe.


No comments:

Post a Comment