Friday, April 15, 2011

White Pizzas Made Easy!!

My last post was about the fabulous pizza that I had at Fellini's. Recently I thought, why not make my own white pizza, I shouldn't have to wait to go to Fellini's. So I decided to look for a recipe online. I found a white pizza recipe from Rachel Ray and it is as close to the pizza that I had at Fellini's, and it is simple. Perfect. Here it is.


Ingredients

  • 1 store bought pizza dough - or pick one up from your favorite pizzeria
  • Extra- virgin olive oil, for drizzling
  • 2 cups whole or part skim ricotta
  • 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
  • Handful flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
  • 2 cups shredded mozzarella or provolone, 1 pouch
  • 10 fresh basil leaves, 1/2 cup, shredded

Directions

Preheat a pizza stone if you use one along with the oven to 425 degrees F.
Stretch dough to form a pie and transfer to stone or pizza baking tray. Pierce the dough with the tines of a fork in several places.Drizzle extra-virgin olive oil around the crust. Mix the ricotta cheesewith garlic and parsley and season it with salt and black pepper. Spread the ricotta across the dough. Top the pizza with mozzarellaor provolone. Bake until crispy, 20 minutes. Top the white pizza pie with the shredded basil leaves, cut and serve.

And here is the link:


The only difference between this recipe and Fellini's is that instead of garlic she uses basil leaves, but if you prefer garlic, just pick up a tiny jar of minced Garlic and you can top the pizza with about 2-3 table spoons.

No comments:

Post a Comment