Friday, May 27, 2011

Guest Blogger!!

So you may be tired of hearing me talk about recipes, and my mom, and things that I like so I thought it would be cool for my friend Jen to talk to you guys! Although we eat pretty much the same things Jen decided to try to go vegan for a little bit, and I most certainly did not. I thought she was crazy for doing it and I asked her many times if she was serious. Well she was. And here she is now to talk about her experiences as a vegan.

Hi Everyone!

My name is Jen, I go to school with Alana at the Savannah College of Art and Design and I am here to talk about my vegan lifestyle, that lasted 9 days. While I was a vegan i missed bread, all too much. The only bread products you can have are made from honey, and nuts, seeds, basically things that you shouldn't be able to make bread out of. The bread products were hard as a brick. I also missed cheesed a lot, even though I am lactose intolerant. One of the problems I had is that, I wanted to be not just a vegan eater, but a vegan in every way. It is very hard to just change your lifestyle so suddenly, which is what I did. What got the whole vegan thing started was my friend and I having a contest to see who could last on a vegan lifestyle the longest. Thankfully I won. That's how hard it is. I lasted 9 long days. While I was on the vegan diet I ate a lot of lentil. I made a lentil soup which was really tasty. I went through a lot of apples. And most importantly I made sure to eat vitamins catered to vegans. I do wish that I could live a vegan lifestyle but quite frankly I do not have the strength. I think it's really admirable that people could give up all those tasty food. I thought it would be as easy as giving up meat but it was not. Not to mention I lost 6lbs during those 9 days. If you want to try living a vegan lifestyle I wish you all the luck in the world because you will need it.

Best Wishes,

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment