Friday, May 27, 2011

An Interview With Mom

If it wasn't for my mom and my dad I wouldn't know how to even make a grilled cheese sandwich. My parents always cook meals, except for the few occasions when we eat out. Which is why I would much rather stay in and cook then go out to eat. My parents have given my brothers and I some great meals, and I am very thankful for that. Some of my favorite memories are from when my mom was a Pampered Chef lady. I loved going to the Pampered Chef parties with her and watching her demonstrations and then quickly eating them. So who better to talk to food about, then my lovely mother. Here is an interview I had with her on quick and easy meals.


What are some tasty quick meals to make?

Stir-fry and grilling are always quick, easy and tasty. I love our George Foreman grill, I grill anything from chicken to shrimp, and they have such great flavor. Stir-frying is also a quick way to make a meal especially if you have a good wok. Chicken and broccoli is always a hit, especially when you add some soy sauce and snow peas.

What are your thoughts on quick and easy meals?

They are great for working parents or anyone on the go. Some quick and easy go to meals are usually dishes like salad and pasta. You can easily add a zest to a salad by adding nuts and a raspberry vinaigrette, and for pasta you can add sautéed peppers.


Here is a quick and tasty meal:

Grilled Chicken Sub

What you will need:

Italian sub
Chicken filleted
Jack Daniels BBQ sauce
Turkey bacon
Monterey jack cheese

How to make it:

 First grill the chicken and prepare the bacon.

While the chicken and bacon are cooking slice the sub and coat with the Jack Daniels BBQ Sauce on both sides. If you want to you can toast the sub.

After the chicken and bacon are cooked, layer the chicken on the sub and place a slice of cheese on top.

Put the bacon on top of the cheese and then another piece of cheese on top of the bacon. 

Stick the sandwich in a broiler to melt the cheese, watching carefully and then remove. 

A good sub for the bacon or cheese is sautéed pepper and onions, and you can also opt out the BBQ sauce for honey mustard.

No comments:

Post a Comment