Sunday, May 8, 2011

My Mommy's Pasta

It's Mother's Day, and I am officially missing my mother more than ever. I wish I was not a 10 hour drive away from her today, but hey at least there's Skype. Thank goooodness for Skype.

Anyway, my mom makes the most amazing food. She is the reason why I even know how to make a grilled cheese or anything else for that matter. She is also the reason why I learned to eat my vegetables. She has her fair share of recipes but one of my favorites that she makes is a summer pasta dish. It is pasta mixed with spinach peppers, itialian dressing, and crab meat, my favorite. The best thing about this pasta is that it not only tastes great the day of but it tastes great a few days after too. A lot of pasta dishes do not keep as well as this one. Which is great news for those of you who love left overs. I promise you will fall in love with this recipe.

What you will need:


1 box of tri color rotini pasta
1 pack of crab meat (imitation or real your choice)
1 bag of fresh spinach
1 red pepper 
1 green pepper 
1 yellow pepper
1 red onion
1 pack of cherry tomatoes
1 bottle of Wishbone Robusto Italian dressing
salt & pepper to taste
Italian seasoning to taste

How to make it:

First start of boiling the pasta, after the pasta has been cooked, drain it under cold running water. Put the pasta in a bowl, and let it sit. Cup up the onions and peppers into thin slices, and cut the cherry tomatoes in half. Shred up the crab or dice, which ever you prefer. Mix the peppers, onions, and tomatoes into the pasta. Sprinkle the Italian seasoning, salt and pepper, over the pasta. Now mix in the crab meat and the spinach. Pour half the bottle of Italian dressing into the pasta and mix. Leave in the fridge for 30 minutes, to an hour and serve cold.


No comments:

Post a Comment